Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Next Purchase

After doing some research and comparing the MSR AutoFlow Gravity Filter against the Platypus CLeanStream Gravity Filter System on various websites I decided to go with the MSR. I have been using an MSR pump with a ceramic filter for years and it has performed very well. It is easy to clean, and other than a slowing flow rate, should last for a few more years. But pumping is one of my least favorite elements of the outdoor adventure so I am going to try a gravity filter. This will be perfect for group trips and appears to be lighter than most water filtration systems. The hollow fiber filters are supposed to be a little more fussy but it should be worth it with the higher flow. I will let you know after I use it. Next trip should be in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment