Friday, January 22, 2010

Garmin Forerunner 205


My fiance Ariel bought me this GPS watch for my birthday last year and it has become my number one training tool. Other than shoes and shorts I can't imagine going for a run without this wristop.
The watch features time and distance functions as well as pace, best lap, average lap, and all the other basics. I typically just look at the total time, lap time, and pace. You can configure the face to have whatever data you want and the watch is light enough that you don't even notice it.
The only problems I have encountered are that the GPS can take a few minutes to acquire a signal and the battery meter is not as accurate as I would like. I have left for a run with 2 of 3 battery bars and had the watch die after 40 minutes when the first battery bar lasted 7 hours.
All in all this watch is a must for anyone who is trying to keep track of their miles on the trail or streets or just trying to get in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment